The Pahrump Historical Society was established in 1991 by Harry "Button" Ford and Charles Gallivan. The Pahrump Valley Museum is the result of many years of planning by this dedicated group.
The museum is currently in the remodeling stage, adding 4,500 square feet to the existing 5,000 square feet of exhibit space. Visit the museum today, but return often, to see how they have grown!
See what life was like in early Pahrump. Exhibits include early farming and mining equipment; early man (exploration and the Old Spanish Trail 1776 to 1848) items from the cowboy and pioneer family lifestyles; Pahrump historical and political items; and Native American artifacts. Pahrump Valley Museum - Pahrump, Nevada.
The museum has acquired several historic buildings from early Pahrump and is in the process of assembling a "Main Street Pahrump" display on the museum grounds. These include the Raycraft and Bowman Tie Houses- constructed entirely of railroad ties from the Tonopah-Tidewater Railroad, the old Pahrump General Store (from the Pahrump Ranch), and the Pahrump One-Room Schoolhouse. One of the premier exhibits featured at the museum is the Kariel and Jean Huff President Lincoln Memorabilia Collection.
One of the finest in the country. Lincoln was in office the year Nevada became a state (1864) A popular display at the museum is a wonderful example of a southwestern garden, featuring a large variety of cacti which are labeled for easy identification.
The garden graces the front entrance to the museum and is maintained by the Pahrump Valley Garden Club.