Update: Deadline for Advisory Committee applications is Aug. 7, 2020
The Town of Pahrump is seeking feedback and applications of interest in forming and serving on an OHV Park Advisory Committee. The Committee would make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on the operation, management, and future planning of the Pahrump OHV Park. Committee members would also work as volunteers building, maintaining, and managing the proposed 40-acre facility.
Click image to enlarge
The Pahrump Fairgrounds OHV Park has been four years in the making. It would be located on nearly 40 acres on Fox Avenue just north of the current Fireworks Shooter Site.
- A site on the Fairgrounds has been selected.
- Phase 1 construction funding is in place from Nye County, and a Nevada OHV Commission grant funded by OHV registration dollars.
- Construction to begin this year with a projected opening in 2021.
Purpose of a new Advisory Committee:
- To make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on the operation, management, and future planning of the Pahrump OHV Park.
- Work as volunteers building, maintaining, and managing the OHV Park.
- The Advisory Committee would be modeled on the Pahrump’s Arena Advisory Committee and its bylaws
- Members of the Advisory Committee must be Town of Pahrump residents.
- Membership to the Advisory Committee shall be by appointment by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Applications available here or at the County Clerk’s Office, 1520 E. Basin Ave.
- Completed applications should be mailed or dropped off at the Town Office, 2100 E. Walt Williams Drive, Suite #100, Pahrump Nevada 89048. Or you may send it via email to the Pahrump Town Office. Applications due by Aug. 7th at 4:30 pm
- A membership requirement is attending monthly meetings and volunteer time at the tracks. The meeting time and date will be set by the members.