- I Want To
- Public Service
- Advisory Committees
- Living In Pahrump
"To provide the Veterans of Pahrump with a lasting memorial in appreciation and gratitude for their honorable service, courage, and sacrifice for our Country."
Bob Ruud Community Center Room 'A' located at 150 N. Hwy 160 in Pahrump.
As always, we reserve the right to change dates, times or locations if need be.
3rd Thursday of the month at 1600 / 4:00 p.m.
Nye County Liaison: Commissioner Carbone
1. Pledge of Allegiance and Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approval of the Agenda for June 18, 2015. (For Possible Action)
4. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (Three-minute time limit per person.) Action will not be taken on the matters considered during this period until specifically included on an agenda as an action item (first).
5. Discussion and deliberation of Minutes of the Pahrump Veterans Memorial Advisory Committee, meetings of May 21, 2015. (For Possible Action)
6. Announcements (first)
7. For Possible Action – Emergency Items
8. Discussion and deliberation regarding approval of past actions on out-of-cycle events at the Pahrump Veterans Memorial by the Chairman, Vice Chairman, or Activities Coordinator. (For Possible Action)
9. Discussion regarding a PVMAC request to the BOCC for approval of a letter of support to Debbie Dwelle and Kids for Vets for the “Brick Project”. (Non-Action Item)
10. Discussion and deliberations regarding reassignment of the term expiration date of each current member, as per amendment to by-law approved on May 21, 2015. (For Possible Action)
11. Discussion regarding approval by BOCC of Committee Application from Cathryn L.L. Girard to be seated on the PVMAC as an alternate. (Non-Action Item)
12. Discussion regarding status of new order form for plaques for the Donation Wall. (Non-Action Item)
13. Discussion regarding the SOP’s for the placement of display items within the PVM. (No Action to be taken)
14. Discussion and deliberation regarding installing a brass plaque of significant size on the multi-purpose building stating “Dedicated to the Memory of Andre ‘Butch’ Harper, a friend to all Veterans”. (For Possible Action)
15. Discussion and deliberation regarding a request from Frank Carbone to approve a letter of endorsement to “Body-Mind-Spirit Mobile Showers, a non-profit, for their project to provide water and showers for homeless and veterans within our community. This letter will allow them to achieve a funding grant from Nevada and the Federal governments.
16. Committee Comments (This item limited to announcements or topics/issues proposed for future workshops/agendas)
The next meeting of the PVMAC will be on Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 4:00pm to be held at the Bob Ruud Community Center, Room A.
17. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (second):
18. ANNOUNCEMENTS (second)
The Town of Pahrump Veterans Advisory Committee is looking to fill two alternate positions. If you are interested please complete an application and turn it into Stephanie Massimino at the Town of Pahrump. Applications can be picked up from the Town Office or downloaded from the website at pahrumpnv.org. For any questions please call 775-727-5107 extension 1.
(The above links will take you outside the Pahrump Town website.)
TOWN OF PAHRUMP
PAHRUMP VETERANS MEMORIAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
To provide the Veterans of Pahrump with a lasting Memorial in appreciation and gratitude for their honorable service, courage and sacrifice for our Country.
To advise the Board of County Commissioners in matters regarding the development, equipping, function and maintenance of a Memorial to honor Military Veterans of the United States of America past, present and future, that served our Country.
PAHRUMP VETERANS MEMORIAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
A. The name of this committee shall be the Pahrump Veterans Memorial Advisory Committee (PVMAC)
A. To act in an advisory capacity to the Board of County Commissioners with regard to the Pahrump Veterans Memorial within the Town of Pahrump.
B. To make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners with respect to the development, equipping, function, and maintenance of the Pahrump Veterans Memorial with the Town of Pahrump.
A. The number of active board members shall be not less than five (05) or more than seven (07) with two (02) alternates.
B. Members of the Advisory Committee must be Town of Pahrump residents.
C. Vacancies in the Advisory Committee shall be advertised when a vacant seat becomes available. Interested individuals must complete a Town Advisory Committee application.
D. Membership to the Advisory Committee shall be by appointment and approval of the Board of County Commissioners. Nomination for membership to the Advisory Committee shall be made by majority vote of all active Advisory Committee Members.
E. The term of each Advisory Committee member shall commence upon the approval for appointment by the Board of County Commissioners. Each term will be for a two-year period.
F. It is the responsibility of an Advisory Committee member to attend all meetings or notify the Chairperson or Vice-Chairperson when he or she will be absent.
G. Unexcused absences by an Advisory Committee member for three consecutive meetings or four out of six meetings shall be grounds for removal of said member.
H. Recommendation for removal of an Advisory Committee member shall be submitted in writing to the Board of County Commissioners, after a majority of the Advisory Committee members vote in favor of said removal. Final disposition of removal from the Committee shall be at the discretion of the Board of County Commissioners.
I. Advisory Committee members serve their appointed terms without any compensation.
J. Advisory Committee shall not be involved in the administration or operation of Town Departments nor shall they direct administrative staff to initiate programs, conduct major studies or establish official policy.
IV. OFFICERS OF THE COMMITTEE
A. Officers shall be the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and Secretary.
V. DUTIES OF OFFICERS
A. Members of the Advisory Committee shall nominate and elect officers in January of each year.
B. The Chairman shall conduct all meetings of the Advisory Committee. The Chairman or designee shall be the Advisory Committee spokesperson and shall appoint sub-committees. Quarterly, the Chairperson shall submit or cause to be submitted to the Board of County Commissioners an activity report summarizing the Advisory Committee’s accomplishments and objectives for the next quarter. The Chairman or designee shall present all board recommendations and other matters to the Board of County Commissioners.
C. The Vice-Chairman shall assume the duties of the Chairman in his/her absence.
D. The Secretary shall be responsible for all minutes, reports, agendas, correspondence, and records of the Advisory Committee.
A. All Advisory Committee meetings will be held in accordance with NRS 241.
B. The Advisory Committee shall meet once a month or as necessary.
C. A quorum consisting of a minimum of four (04) members (including alternates who are acting as members) is required for official meetings.
D. Alternates have the right to vote in the absence of a regular member or to create a quorum.
E. Meetings may be attended by Board of County Commissioners acting in the capacity of liaison to the Advisory Committee. The liaison shall be an advisor to the Advisory Committee and shall make recommendations from time to time as may be necessary to facilitate the purposes of the Advisory Committee.
VII. VOTING RIGHTS OF MEMBERS
A. Each seated Advisory Committee member is entitled to one vote, on all matters, at any meeting attended. Alternates do not have any voting rights.
VIII. EXPENDITURES / REVENUE
A. All expenditures, revenues and/or donations incurred and received by the Advisory Committee shall be further subject to approval by the Board of County Commissioners, unless approval has been previously granted by said Board of County Commissioners.
B. No Advisory Committee members shall sign any contracts or documents obligating the Town and/or Advisory Committee members to any responsibility financial or otherwise.
A. These By-Laws may be amended from time to time as required by the Pahrump Veterans Memorial Committee. Said amendments shall be subject to approval by the Board of County Commissioners.
B. Proposed amendments to these by-laws shall require a two-thirds vote of the entire Committee.
PAHRUMP VETERANS MEMORIAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
If you are interested in becoming a member of any of our Pahrump Advisory Committees, please obtain an application at the Town Office or click on the link below to download a printable copy of our Advisory Committees Application in pdf format. You can then submit the completed application with a letter of interest or resume indicating your background in the area you are interested in. The application will also include the guidelines to be a member.
Completed applications should be mailed or dropped off at the Town Office, 400 N. Highway 160, Pahrump Nevada 89060. Or you may send it via email to the Pahrump Town Office.
|Advisory Board Application 403KB|
|Veterans Standard Operating Procedures for Wall Designations 6KB|
|Veterans Operating Policy & Procedures 63KB|
|Veterans Memorial Board Agenda and Minutes 2009 561KB|
|Veterans Memorial Board Agenda and Minutes 2010 777KB|
|ITEM 12 Backup 596KB|
|ITEM 11 Backup 423KB|
|ITEM 13 146KB|