- I Want To
- Public Service
- Advisory Committees
- Living In Pahrump
"To provide the Veterans of Pahrump with a lasting memorial in appreciation and gratitude for their honorable service, courage, and sacrifice for our Country."
Bob Ruud Community Center Room 'A' located at 150 N. Hwy 160 in Pahrump.
As always, we reserve the right to change dates, times or locations if need be.
3rd Thursday of the month at 1600 / 4:00 p.m.
Nye County Liaison: Commissioner Carbone
Bob Ruud Community Center
150 N. Hwy 160, Pahrump, NV 89060
August 18, 2016
1. Pledge of Allegiance and Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Approval of the Agenda for August 18, 2016. (For Possible Action)
4. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (Three-minute time limit per person.) Action will not be taken on the matters considered during this period until specifically included on an agenda as an action item (first).
5. Discussion and deliberation of Minutes of the Pahrump Veterans Memorial Advisory Committee, meeting of July 21, 2016. (For Possible Action)
6. Announcements (first)
7. Discussion and deliberation regarding approval of past actions on out-of-cycle events at the Pahrump Veterans Memorial by the Chairman, Vice Chairman, or Activities Coordinator. (For Possible Action)
8. Discussion and deliberation on the status of January, 2017 expiring terms for the following PVMAC member application, Cathryn Girard. (For Possible Action)
9. Discussion and deliberation on the appointment of members to the Donated Items Subcommittee (DIS) as defined in the newly approved SOP’s for the placement of donated items in the Multi-Purpose Building and at other locations within the Pahrump Veterans Memorial. (For Possible Action)
10. Discussion and update report on the status of marketing and sales of plaques for the Donation Wall at the Pahrump Veterans Memorial. (No Action to be taken)
11. Discussion and deliberation on the form and process for reordering Benches for the PVM. (For Possible Action)
12. Discussion and update report on the progress of the Pergola project. (No Action to be taken)
13. Discussion and deliberation on if the PVMAC would like to do a Wreath presentation during the visit of “The Traveling Wall”. Available presentation times are Friday, 9/23 at 10:00am, Friday, 9/23 at 2:00pm, Saturday, 9/24 at 10:00am, Saturday, 9/24 at 2:00pm. The following details need to be determined: Who will purchase the wreath, who will pay for the wreath, who will be presenting the wreath, and who will notify the Chamber of Commerce that PVMAC wants to be a presenter? (For Possible Action)
14. Committee Comments (This item limited to announcements or topics/issues proposed for future workshops/agendas)
The next meeting of the PVMAC will be on Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 4:00pm to be held at the Bob Ruud Community Center, Room A.
15. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT (second):
16. ANNOUNCEMENTS (second)
(The above links will take you outside the Pahrump Town website.)
If you are interested in becoming a member of any of our Pahrump Advisory Committees, please obtain an application at the Town Office or click on the link below to download a printable copy of our Advisory Committees Application in pdf format. You can then submit the completed application with a letter of interest or resume indicating your background in the area you are interested in. The application will also include the guidelines to be a member.
Completed applications should be mailed or dropped off at the Town Office, 400 N. Highway 160, Pahrump Nevada 89060. Or you may send it via email to the Pahrump Town Office.
|PVMAC_Agenda_August 18, 2016 196KB|
|Advisory Board Application 175KB|
|Veterans Standard Operating Procedures for Wall Designations 27KB|
|Veterans Operating Policy & Procedures 63KB|
|Veterans By-laws 198KB|
|PVMAC_Agenda_March 17_2016 124KB|